ESPN login form no longer has id/name attributes on the fields

Options

ESPN is now using a login form using AngularJS and the Username and Password fields no longer have either an ID or an Name attribute on them. The fields are using the "ng-model" attribute with a value of vm.username and vm.password.

Is there any way to use a custom selector to define the field name?

Is there a way to specify [ng-model="vm.username"] as the CSS selector to use for the field?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:espn

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @dswitzer! Good question. Is your previous Login item not filling correctly now? I just saved one manually on http://www.espn.com and it fills in the sign in popup they've got. While there isn't an ID on the input element, 1Password reads a bit more than just those. The input type, which in this case is email and password for the two fields, is a good place to start. If you saved a Login before the changes, you may have to save a new one for it to fill properly now. Let us know how that goes. :)

• dswitzer
    dswitzer
    Community Member
    Options

I tried saving a new login, but it exhibits the same behavior as my old one. I've actually tried creating a new saved profile several times now. In my version of 1password, "email" isn't a valid input type. I've tried it in both FF and Chrome and I get the same results with both extensions.

What platform and version are you on?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dswitzer: I think maybe the problem is due to a combination of the old 1Password extension you seem to be using (based on your original post) and that we've made some improvements in the latest beta versions of 1Password 4. I tried this with the following and was able to save and fill a login at espn.com:

Chrome 52.0.2743.116 m
    Firefox 48.0
    1Password 4.6.0.BETA-612
    extension 4.5.9

So the good news is that you can take advantage of this now if you're willing to use the beta, or simply wait for the stable release, which is only a matter of time. I hope this helps! :)

• dswitzer
    dswitzer
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not actually using an "old" version, but I am using the most recent stable version. Any idea when the current beta is supposed to be released?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dswitzer: Ah sorry, perhaps "Extension Version: 4.5.3" was a typo, since that version was released in January. That's the only reason I mentioned it. I can't give a release date for the next stable release of 1Password 4 beyond when testing is complete. But again, the fix is already there so it will find its way to you when its finished. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.