Just started using 1Password and want to share with my wife

tungiasis
tungiasis
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Families

Hi there,

We switched from Memengo to 1password. My wife and I shared all our passwords through Memengo. I have downloaded 1Password and updated all our passwords. Cannot figure out how to now share that with my wife. We have tried multiple different things with no luck. Can you tell us how best to work this out? Apologies if this has been answered before. Put us out of our misery by helping sort out this frustrating problem! Thanks so much! :-)

Comments

• Hi @tungiasis! Welcome to 1Password. :) It's great to have you. I didn't find an account under the email address you used to sign up here. The easiest way to share with your wife is create a family account and invite her. Once you've done that, the sharing part is simple:

Share passwords and other items with your whole family

Hope that helps, and let us know how it goes!

• tungiasis
    tungiasis
    Community Member

Hi Jacob!

Thanks for your quick reply! I have followed the link and set up a family account. How do I now share my previously existing "personal" vault with my wife? Thanks so much for your help. You guys rock! Sorry for the neophyte questions.

• @tungiasis No problem at all! By "personal vault", do you mean the Primary one that you had from using 1Password before, perhaps? You can move your data from that to your new account, actually:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I'd recommend moving it to the Shared vault or wherever you plan to share it with your wife. Let us know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.