Moved from dropbox to work and families, and I'm forced to use work master password

joanes_orangeseed
joanes_orangeseed
Community Member

I used to be on Dropbox for sync, and that was my primary vault. Then my work started using 1Password for work, and I added it as an account. Then I decided to also get 1Password for families and added my family account. I moved all work stuff (from dropbox) to the work one, and all my personal stuff to my family one (from dropbox).

So I had:
Dropbox: Empty
Work: Work stuff
Family: Personal stuff

So then I deleted the Dropbox vault, and it forced me to put the master password for my work account to continue. Now I have to use my work account password to unlock my 1Password app on Mac all the time. I would like to use my family password to unlock, but if I go to Preferences > Security, the 'Change Master Password' option is gone now. The work password is quite hard to remember and this makes it very difficult for me.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Work and Families
Referrer: forum-search:change master password families and work

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joanes_orangeseed

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying 1Password! If I understand correctly you have both your Teams and Family account on your Mac, and you want to unlock both vaults with your Family password, is this correct? If that's what you want you can simply remove your work account from 1Password, lock 1Password, unlock it this time with your family password and add again your work account. The password that will be used to unlock 1Password is always the first one that was added, so this will shift the order.

If what you want is to fully change the Master Password to keep just one for both of your accounts (which is what I would personally do), you can see how to do that here: https://support.1password.com/master-password/

Please let us know how this goes for you and if you have any other questions that we can help you with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.