Is it possible to make an alias of an item?

eh1489
eh1489
Community Member

I would like to make an alias, or 2, of some items. Say, a credit card under both the issuing vendor and the bank that sends statements. I can make multiple items that refer to the same account, but then I have multiple records to update with changes. I can make the names of the items more verbose or I can use the search field to find the information, but an alias seems a more elegant way to solve my problem. What do you think?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:alias

Comments

• Hi eh1489,

If you use a vault from a 1Password.com account, items in your vault can be linked to other items. There is a section in the item called "Related Items" where you can create links to other items in your vault. This may be what you are looking for. For example, I can link a credit card to an identity or bank account.

Unfortunately, this ability is not available in the stand-alone version of 1Password due to differences in the item format.

• eh1489
    eh1489
    Community Member

I will check it out, thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Chad, you're very welcome! If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.