I have 2 master passwords. I only want 1 - to sync devices via iCloud

Kathy_Sowers
Kathy_Sowers
Community Member

created 1 master to use for self, but got stuck trying to figure out how to use dropbox and sync to devices. Set it all aside. Then found a person who tried to help: he created a new vault? and master password - but I do not have it. He synced to iCloud. Now when I try to use the original master, the Keep in Sync screen recognizes 1 in primary mode and the 2nd (hint grass) in iCloud and I cannot seem to sync them because I do not know the password for the hint: grass. I want to keep just the original and sync to devices via iCloud - no dropbox. Help

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kathy_Sowers

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your Master Password and having access to 1Password. It sounds like you don't have any data stored in 1Password yet. If this is the case, then starting over with a new vault is the way to go. This will clean up everything from 1Password and will let you set up a new vault and sync it with iCloud.

Before trying to set up iCloud sync again, you need to remove the old vault from iCloud. To do this, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset iCloud Data from the Menubar in 1Password. After you've done this two things 1Password will be fresh and you'll be abel to set up iCloud sync.

Please let us know how this goes for you. If you need any help at any point, we're here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.