Vulnerability alert

tastyroadkill
tastyroadkill
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

When I imported a few hundred records from Lastpass last year, 1Password assigned a 'created' date of Jan 1, 2000 for each password I imported. These records all show a red banner with a vulnerability alert.

Is there a way to change the date without changing my passwords? I use secure passwords and changed the majority in the past year. I'm not ready to go through that drill again right now.

Thanks!

Editing my post to add: I'm assuming the vulnerability alert is due to the length of time 1Password thinks it's been since I've updated the password. When I click on the red banner, it tells me the site (for that password) may have been compromised but when I follow the "learn more" link the 1Password report is green. Is there a way to get rid of this alert?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

Hi @tastyroadkill

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password got a bit confused with dates when you imported your items. You can't change the date of creation of an item. The easiest way to get rid of the alerts is to simply disable Watchtower. While this means you won't be alerted for new things either, it doesn't seem like knowing every site that has been compromised since 2000 is great either :pirate: If you want to do this, just go to Preferences then Watchtower and uncheck the box for "Enable Watchtower".

If you want to keep on using Watchtower but want the current banners to go away, there's a workaround that might help you, though it's not instant. For each of your items go to edit mode, make some tiny change (for example add one extra character at the end) and save the change. This will get rid of the banner. Then right away edit again and undo your change to avoid forgetting something important.

I hope that either of these options help you, please let us know if you try either and how that goes for you :chuffed:

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member

Thanks @Pilar

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Pilar, you're very welcome! If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.