1password doesn't work first time keyboard shortcut is pressed

Options

I use the keyboard shortcut to envoke 1password in my chrome browser.
The first time I hit it or open the extension no passwords appear for that page.
If i hit it a second time or open it a second time, the passwords appear for that page.
So strange. Any tips?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password doesn't work first time keyboard shortcut is pressed

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gmorse,

Hmm, you're right, that's a strange problem! But we'll do our best to help you figure this out and get it to work as it should. I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

To start, I notice you're using 1Password version 6.3.1, but there's an update available for version 6.3.2. Can you please try installing the update to see if it makes any difference? If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to the menu for 1Password > Check for Updates. If you're using the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section.

If the update doesn't help, can you please let us know a few more details:

• What exact version of Chrome are you using?
    • Does this happen with all sites, or just one specific site?
    • Does the problem consistently happen the first time you open the extension on each site, or does it sometimes work the first time?
    • When this happens, has the website fully loaded? If you wait to make sure it's done loading before using the extension, does it work?
    • If you reboot your Mac, does that make any difference?
    • If you go to the Applications folder on your Mac, do you have multiple 1Password apps in there, or just the one?

Thanks in advance! :)

• gmorse
    gmorse
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to 6.3.2.
    Chrome: 53.0.2785.89 beta (64-bit)

Does this happen with all sites, or just one specific site?
    All sites.

Does the problem consistently happen the first time you open the extension on each site, or does it sometimes work the first time?
    When this happens, has the website fully loaded? If you wait to make sure it's done loading before using the extension, does it work?
    If you reboot your Mac, does that make any difference?
    I have not fully characterized the bug just yet. I will continue to monitor it after updating to the latest version of 1Password. I will pay attention to the items above.

If you go to the Applications folder on your Mac, do you have multiple 1Password apps in there, or just the one?
    Just one.

• @gmorse Thanks for the update! That is certainly strange. Are you by chance using multiple profiles in Google Chrome?

• gmorse
    gmorse
    Community Member
    Options

No. Just one. It seems to be working now. I'll continue to monitor.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gmorse

Thank you for the update, please let us know what you find out :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.