Can't set up a family - continues to ask me to upgrade to a family account

Options
zhernovoi
zhernovoi
Community Member

Dear team,

I just tried to "Upgrade to a Family" through the web app, have chosen a domain and it created a "Shared" vault and notified me that I can now invite people. However, when I click "Invite People", the app continues to prompt me to "Upgrade to a Family", although the domain has already been created and I can even sign in using that domain.

What went wrong, and how do I add a family now?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @zhernovoi! I'm sorry about that. The cache on our end wasn't cleared after you upgraded to a family. We just cleared it, so you should now see the Admin Console and be able to invite people. :) Let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

• zhernovoi
    zhernovoi
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect, thanks a lot @Jacob! It works. Enjoy your day!

• Glad to hear it. You have a wonderful day and weekend as well. :)

• stoneymonster
    stoneymonster
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same problem...

• Hi @stoneymonster! I'm very sorry about that. I've asked one of my teammates to clear your account cache as well. We'll get back to you when that's wrapped up and you can get on your way with the family. :)

• stoneymonster
    stoneymonster
    Community Member
    Options

@jacob Thanks! It's associated with the email for this profile.

• tonylchang
    tonylchang
    Community Member
    Options

me too! can someone clear the cache on my account?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonylchang

We'll take care of you as well and keep you posted :chuffed:

• stoneymonster
    stoneymonster
    Community Member
    Options

Any word on this?

• @stoneymonster @tonylchang Yep! We just cleared the cache on both your accounts so you should be all set to use your new family. :) Let us know if you need anything else.

• tonylchang
    tonylchang
    Community Member
    Options

I confirm that it works now. Thanks!

• Great to hear! :+1: :)

• Cabe
    Cabe
    Community Member
    Options

I have this same problem, just signed up! If someone can clear my cache that would be awesome please :)

• @Cabe Sorry about that. Try now and let me know how it goes. :)

• Cabe
    Cabe
    Community Member
    Options

Hey hey @Jacob, now that looks better! Thanks!

• Fantastic. :+1: Happy to help. Hope you have a good weekend!

• raster
    raster
    Community Member
    Options

This just happened to me as well. What info do you need?

Can we get an explanation of what's going on and when it will be fixed? I'm a little concerned this problem has gone on for over 2 weeks even though it's closely tied to your money path. How will other service bugs be treated?

• Jacob
    edited September 2016
    Options

@raster I'm sorry for the trouble. We've been investigating the issue and we're still looking for its cause. I'll check in with the team to see if we have anything new. In the meantime, I've cleared your account cache. You should be set to use your family account now. :)

ref: B5-1982

• rjespo
    rjespo
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Can you please clear out my cache. Don't you need my family account name though to do that?

• @rjespo I just cleared the cache on your account. You should be good to go. :+1: I looked up the account based on the email address you used to sign up to this forum. Glad you used the same on as what's on your account. :) Let us know if you need anything else!

• rjespo
    rjespo
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob that worked. Thanks!

• Perfect! You're welcome. :) Let us know if you need anything else. We're happy to help anytime.

• mdjacobson
    mdjacobson
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. It's already caused several hours of confusing attempts to troubleshoot, and should not have been released in the first place if this was going to happen... Anyway - issue is that the family license appears on my desktop version, but there are no admin controls or any indication of a family account or way to set it up there. When I log into the same account online, it appears to be a personal account only, and when I try to invite someone it asks me to create a domain (which I had already done). In either case, I do not see an admin console and cannot invite anyone. As a basic UI request - this really needs to be streamlined and fixed, and made consistent between desktop, mobile and online versions. Too much user frustration just to set up.

• @mdjacobson I'm very sorry about that. This has been a tough issue to track down, and we're doing out best to squash the bugs we find. I have cleared your account cache, so you should be set to use 1Password Families. Please let us know if that helps. :)

• e1usion
    e1usion
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this issue too. Could you please clear the cache on my account too.

Thanks.

• @e1usion Thanks for letting us know. I've cleared your account from the cache. Let us know if you have any other issues with it in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.