Which path should I use to save 1Password data inside Dropbox

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

Hello, I use 1Password for a very long time. At that time 1Password suggested to save it inside Dropbox => 1password. Some days ago I helped a friend with the install. Now 1Password suggested the path Dropbox => Apps => 1Password.

Does 1Password has (with the new path) no longer full access to Dropbox? Should I change my existing safe to the new location also? Do I have any benefit to change it also? What is your recommendation?

Thanks and have a nice weekend, Philipp

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Philipp,

I'm sorry it took some extra time for us to get back to you about this!

The default location for 1Password sync data in Dropbox used to be ~/Dropbox/1Password/, but at some point that was changed to ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/. If you were to create a new vault and sync it with Dropbox for the first time, it would suggest the new default path. However, it will work just fine in either location, so there's no need for you to change your current setup. Unless you have a specific need to change it, my recommendation would be to leave it where it is.

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.