my password was deleted by your service. How do I recover it?

bret
bret
Community Member

I had an entry to a gmail account that has been removed from the service without my permission. This happened to me a year ago as well. I need the password back and I am wondering how common is this problem.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:troubleshooting

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bret

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost an item in 1Password. We don't remove anything without your permission, in fact we don't have access to them, and if you're using 1Password locally (as you are if you've been with us for at least a year) even less! I'm not sure of what could have happened to your item, it sounds like you deleted it by mistake. You might also be looking at the wrong vault, or under the wrong name, so make sure to check that out first thing!

If you have indeed deleted the item, you have a couple of options to recover it. The first one is to look in the bin. Deleted Items are sent to the bin and not immediately deleted. Just go to 1Password and click on "Trash" on the bottom left corner. If you can't find it there and you need to regain access you can always restore a backup from a time when you remember you had it. Now, this is a bit more complicated as you need to make sure you have save all the changes that you've made since the backup that you're restoring. You can see how to do that here: https://support.1password.com/backups/#you-can-also-create-and-restore-backups-of-local-vaults

Please let us know how all this goes for you and if you can find your item again :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.