Can't get 1password set up on new Macbook

alexpolit
alexpolit
Community Member

Hello,
My macbook air just died and I am trying to get 1Password set back up on my new macbook. I have my license key from the receipt I received when I purchased the license.

I have the 1password app on my iphone and luckily have all of my passwords there.
I checked the settings and it looks like I sync via wifi.

Since I still have the original receipt email with my license, I clicked on "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License”.
All this does is provide a pop-up with a license and it launches 1password (which I had just downloaded). When I try to sign in to 1password it asks for a QR code or account which I don’t have. If I click on “Create Your First Vault” it prompts to set up a new account.

I desperately need to get my new macbook set up with 1password. Please help me do this. I’m very afraid to do anything with my phone for fear that I’ll accidentally delete the passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:apply license

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alexpolit,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing data from your iPhone to your new Mac via Wi-Fi! I noticed you also emailed us about this, and someone from our team has already replied to that (if you didn't receive the email, please make sure you check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there). We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. Thanks! :)

ref: URW-48612-159

This discussion has been closed.