How to convince 1P V6 that 1P v3.2.5 is not installed [removed 1PasswordAgent & other v3 leftovers]

Garry Weber
Garry Weber
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

Running

OS X 10.11.6
1Password 6
Version 6.3.2 (632001)
AgileBits Store
Safari Version 9.1.3 (11601.7.8)

Every time Safari gets an update 1 Password generates the following error message:
New version of Safari found
1Password 3.2.5 does not support this version of Safari (build #

I posted this problem when 1P V5 was current. The solution suggested was to uninstall/reinstall 1P. That did not work then so I've just been clicking the DO not tell me again box. But really, I would like to solve this.

1Password Version: Version 6.3.2 (632001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:1Password 3.2.5 does not support this version of Safari

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Garry Weber,

I'm sorry this is still a problem on your Mac! I took a look at your previous discussion about this, and it sounds like you're still getting that same error message (though I'm assuming it shows the current build of Safari).

I think that message is most likely referring to the old 1Password 3 extension in Safari, and not the main 1Password app. If you open Safari and go to Safari > Preferences, then click the Extensions tab, do you see the 1Password extension in the list (or perhaps more than one)? The latest 1Password extension for Safari should be either 4.5.8 or 4.5.9, but if you see one there for 3.x, you should remove it.

If you can't find the old extension there, please let us know. Also, do you have the latest 1Password extension installed, and does that work as expected with 1Password 6? Thanks! :)

• Garry Weber
    Garry Weber
    Community Member

I have only the current extension installed and it works as expected. Also, I reflexively clicked the "Don't show again" dialog so I can't test any solution until Safari updates again.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Garry Weber,

Hmm, that's definitely strange. The screenshot from your previous discussion about this shows the 1Password 3 icon, so there must be a piece of 1Password 3 stuck somewhere on your Mac which is causing this to happen. To help us figure that out, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• Garry Weber
    Garry Weber
    Community Member

[#BCJ-23136-572] 1Password 5 Diagnostics

Done

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

Hi @Garry Weber

We have received your Diagnostics Report, someone will be in touch with you soon over email and we'll continue the conversation over there :chuffed:

ref: BCJ-23136-572

This discussion has been closed.