FEATURE SUGGESTIONS: Save PDF to 1Password, and attach to a 1P item.

JENZ
JENZ
Community Member

Hello,
I see this request has already been made, here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/51863/feature-request-save-as-pdf-to-1password-secure-note

I would like to request this feature.
I see two uses for it. One is what the person who made the above-mentioned request for. Namely, to be able to "Print > Save PDF to 1password" in order to store documents in it securely. Although that was not the reasoning I had in mind.

The reason I would like this feature is that, among other things, I use 1P to store my software licenses. I like to keep a copy of the email receive I receive when buying software, and I like to attach it to the license entry in 1P. Currently I have to save the email as a PDF to a folder, and then go into 1P and import that PDF to the license entry. It would be great to be able to just "Print" it as a PDF directly to 1P, and then have the option to 1) Attach it to an existing item, 2) Attach it to a new item.

Regards,

Jonathan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JENZ,

Thanks very much for writing in to let us know you'd be interested in a feature like that! If that's something you do often, I can see how it would be helpful to not have to save the PDF to a folder first. As with the other thread you found, I can't make any promises one way or the other about if/when we might add something like that, but I'd be happy to send your request to our developers.

Thanks again, and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

• JENZ
    JENZ
    Community Member

Thanks Drew. If it is added one day, great. If not, well, 1P is already fantastic, and is great anyway!
    Cheers... Jonathan

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JENZ

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! Thank you for your very kind words, it's great to hear how much you like 1Password! We're always doing our best to improve 1Password, so stay around to see what 1Password's future looks like! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.