STILL cannot log in to Safari

Options
smallcheese
smallcheese
Community Member

Hey folks,

When is the issue with not being able to log in to Safari for those of us that signed up before December 3rd going to go away? It's my go to browser, and EVERY time I forget when using the web app on my laptop (where I have the apps, so rare) and on my partner's laptop that I have to use Chrome.

It's been a LONG time now!

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @smallcheese,

Safari is also my primary browser, along with some older Team accounts that it won't work with, so I understand the inconvenience of opening Chrome (my first go-to after Safari) if only to use the 1Password.com web app with those accounts.

Wish I had more recent news for you about this than what khad posted on July 31st:

We don't have anything to announce in that regard right now, but if you want to be able to sign in to 1Password.com in Safari right now, you could delete your old account and recreate it.

I understand that depending on the size of your account (vaults, team members, etc.) it could be quite a burden. But if you don't have many folks on the team and don't have that many vaults, you could move the items to local vaults in the Mac app, delete your team, and create it again.

We can assist with that if you have a subdomain you don't want to lose. Let me know if you would be interested in that.

And that offer of assistance is still open, to you and anyone else.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Tom!

• I wanted to add one thing to the quote in @sjk's post. You can create a new account, move stuff into it, and then delete your old one. No need to move stuff to an arbitrary location like local vaults when you can have more than one account for free (trials after all). ;) That should make the process easier for you. I'm sorry we don't have an automated one right now.

This discussion has been closed.