How to change all records to Never Submit?

Options

I want to change all my login records to Never Submit and change the default for new records to Never Submit. I searched the Knowledgeable to no avail.

Hoping there is a mechanism short of manually changing 625 enters individually.

Also I want to stop new entries from adopting "Submit when enabled" so how can I change the Submit default setting?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: OS X 10.11.16
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Change all Submits to Never Submit

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drolling,

It sounds like your intention is to disable auto-submit for all your current and new Login items. The best way I know to accomplish that is to disable the Automatically sign in after filing usernames and passwords option under Advanced Preferences:

Disabling Submit Logins under 1Password mini preferences will do the same thing:

With that disabled, the submit value for specific Login items must be Always submit to override it.

I want to change all my login records to Never Submit and change the default for new records to Never Submit.

Hoping there is a mechanism short of manually changing 625 enters individually.

The submit (and display) values can only be changed on one item at a time, although we have a request in our tracker to allow bulk editing of those and other item values - I've noted your interest in this there.

Also I want to stop new entries from adopting "Submit when enabled" so how can I change the Submit default setting?

It's not possible to select a default value for the submit option, although it's questionable how much that matters. Being Never Submit would prevent auto-submit even if the global preference for it was unintentionally enabled. If that happens it's easy enough to disable the global preference again, like I occasionally do when forgetting to after testing with it enabled (since I generally prefer auto-submit be disabled). :)

The logic of auto-submit options/defaults wasn't immediately obvious to me, but once it sunk I realized they were enough to do what I wanted (including infrequent and easily corrected minor "user error" exceptions, like the one previously mentioned).

Hopefully that helps!

ref: OPM-376

• drolling
    drolling
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I will make those preference changes and see how it aligns with my needs.

I appreciate the quick and thorough response.

Regards,
    David

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, David.

Look forward to hearing from you again, more about this or anything else. Cheers!

• drolling
    drolling
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to circle back and thank you again. Your instructions achieved exactly the functionality I wanted. Regards, David

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of sjk, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.