Suggestion - Fill Web Forms via Context Menu

Options

On some websites 1Password can not fill all required fields.
Here it would be cool when I could right-click in one field and select the context menu item "Fill this field >" (in front of this entry there is the identity icon of 1Password).
When I select this menu entry then a sub-menu opens with all fields that are filled in the identity.

The Firefox Add-On "Autofill Forms" (http://firefox.add0n.com/autofill-forms.html) offers such a context menu entry.

Here is a screenshot of my context menu in Firefox (German UI) where I have grayed out some context menu entries:

It would be cool when you offer this feature for all web browsers.
And of cause my Identity is more secure in 1Password than in Firefox Add-On.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.9 (Mozilla Firefox)
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@OLLI_S: Great suggestion! We can certainly consider making it possible to "manually" select which fields to fill. I think since the user would be doing most of the "work", the biggest challenge would be to make it intuitive enough for people (besides nerds like me) to use it. If we can do that, perhaps it will be useful to enough people to justify adding it. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    I think when there is a web form, then the user clicks on the 1Password Browser Extension Icon and selects his identity.
    So hopefully all fields are filled.
    If there are some fields that are not filled, then it is OK, when the user right-clicks into a field and selects "Fill this field" from the context menu and then the desired value from the sub-menu.
    I would not mind if this is working on a single field only.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. Good to know. Thanks for this feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.