messages are remembered as passwords at https://blipyip.com/

Options

1 password keeps asking me to remember the "chat" message as a password

reproduce:
1. go to https://blipyip.com/
2. create a room (any username / password)
3. type a few messages
4. why is 1 password offering to remember the message as a password?

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @korovkin

Could you please tell some more details about your set up? Which version of 1Password are you using? Which browser and which version of the browser extension? This will help us pin point the problem. I tried following your steps, but after a long conversation with myself I still had not seen the behaviour that you describe so knowing those details would help us!

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can sort this out :chuffed:

• korovkin
    korovkin
    Community Member
    Options

i figured out the problem, i didn't remove the password field from the DOM, which got 1password confused.
    i think you should not offer to store the password if the div is display:none

anyway. we can close this issue now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

i figured out the problem, i didn't remove the password field from the DOM, which got 1password confused.

@korovkin: Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the update!

i think you should not offer to store the password if the div is display:none

While that seems like a good idea on its face (especially in your case), unfortunately login forms that we do want 1Password to save do this too. Hopefully these conventions will be respected more over time, but I'm not holding my breath. It's the Wild West, and we need to do what's right for our users. :sunglasses:

• korovkin
    korovkin
    Community Member
    Options

well, as an optimization, why not check whether the password has been changed, before offering to store the password, regardless of whether it being display:none or not.
    what happened on my page is me changing a text field, which is completely unrelated to the (hidden) password field ... checking whether the password field actually changed, before offering to store the password, will improve the user experience for you guys (in my opinion)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! It's certainly something we can consider, so long as it doesn't break anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.