Hiding unused category

Options
howdytom
howdytom
Community Member

Hi there,

is it possible to hide unused categories? I am not intending to use 1Passwords default categories e.g. Identities, Credit Cards…

Thanks,

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @howdytom,

Thanks for writing in with your question! The four "primary" categories (Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, and Identities) are always displayed in 1Password for Mac, even if they don't contain any items. (This was done to help customers get started by showing the types of items that are most commonly stored in 1Password.) Other categories aren't shown unless they contain at least one item.

I'm sorry that's not the answer you were hoping for! But if you have more questions or need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

• howdytom
    howdytom
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, this wasn't the answer I was hoping/looking for. Anyway, thanks for your reply.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member
    Options

@howdytom When I started using 1P I wasn't interested in the other categories either. But sure enough over time I stored more and more data in my Vault. It has ended up being quite an important central repository of my life's information.

See how you feel about it in a few years time.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @steve23094

That's a very nice way to put it, I think a lot of us have gone to one degree or another through a similar process :chuffed: When I first started using 1Password I had nothing but logins, I didn't have a bank account at all or of course cards... As time has gone by I have accumulated more stuff and of course 1Password has seen it all! I have also learned how nice it is for example to be on a plane and be able to look at my passport number directly on my phone without having to dig for it for example. Lets see how this goes for @howdytom

This discussion has been closed.