[OSX Sierra] How to add a new dropbox vault?

lock
lock
Community Member

Hi, I'm testing OSX Sierra and I'm not able to add some additional vaults I've on my Dropbox account.
I had no problems adding my iCloud one but I can't see any button to add other ones (as I did on my older OSX versions and iOS devices).

Any hint? Or it could be a Sierra problem?

Thanks, have a nice day.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 632001
OS Version: OSX 10.12 beta
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lock,

I'm sorry you're having trouble adding your other vaults from Dropbox! We should definitely be able to help you with that.

It sounds like you're looking for an option to add those vaults in the 1Password app. Instead, you'll need to find the .agilekeychain or .opvault sync file inside the Dropbox folder on your Mac, and double-click on it. When you double-click the sync file from Dropbox, 1Password should prompt you to add it to the app (you'll need to enter your master password).

Does that help? If you're still having trouble or have other questions, please let us know. Cheers! :)

• lock
    lock
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

Hi Drew,
    it definitively helped, thanks. :)
    It seems a bit inconsistent compared to iOS way, thu. I'd like to (also) see a button added to "sync" screen, with a DB login procedure exactly as it happens on iPhone and iPad.

Btw, solved that issue a new one has risen. Some months ago I asked for help about new vaults creation, in this thread:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64737/how-to-some-questions-on-1p

One of the question was about the random color assigned by 1P to new vaults. I don't want rainbows, I want all my vaults look the same (standard 1P light blue). Kevin answered this:

"When you create the new vault, click on the vault image and press delete. It will remove custom icon. You can also paste your own image there if you like."

And it worked. I may be wrong but I think it also resetted the suggested color, with the last version of 1P, it doesn't do it anymore (the delete key only deletes the image). Can you show me a way to also reset the color and/or change it to the vaults I already created?

Last question (about iOS version now): Is still not possible to duplicate a record?

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

You're welcome, @lock! :) I'm glad that was helpful.

It seems a bit inconsistent compared to iOS way, thu. I'd like to (also) see a button added to "sync" screen, with a DB login procedure exactly as it happens on iPhone and iPad.

Thanks for the feedback! I can let our developers know you'd be interested in having it work the same way on both platforms. In case you're curious: Adding secondary vaults was actually possible in the Mac version before the iOS version, and we made it easy to do that by simply double-clicking the sync file. Due to differences between platforms, it wasn't possible to do it the same way on iOS, so we had to come up with a different option. It sounds as if you like that option better, though. ;)

There's actually another way to do this on a Mac: In 1Password, go to 1Password > New Vault and set it up with the same master password as the sync file in Dropbox. After creating the new (empty) vault, go to 1Password > Preferences > Sync, and set up Dropbox for that new vault, choosing the corresponding sync file from your Dropbox folder. I don't think this method is quite as easy as double-clicking the sync file, but thought I should mention it in case you prefer it.

One of the question was about the random color assigned by 1P to new vaults. I don't want rainbows, I want all my vaults look the same (standard 1P light blue). Kevin answered this:

Kevin's answer (and your question in that thread) was about the icon itself (the circle & keyhole). There's no mention of color there, but I can see how it would be easy to assume the color of the icon would also reset to default. I'm very sorry for any confusion about that!

I may be wrong but I think it also resetted the suggested color, with the last version of 1P, it doesn't do it anymore (the delete key only deletes the image). Can you show me a way to also reset the color and/or change it to the vaults I already created?

To the best of my knowledge, the way it works now is the way it has worked since we introduced multiple vaults. But I can definitely help you get the default color! When adding or creating a vault, delete the custom icon (if necessary), then click on the colored square next to the icon to open the OS X / macOS color palette window. You'll want to choose the same options as this screenshot:

I'm sorry there isn't an easier way to do that, but I'll be happy to let our developers know you'd like to have a better option for switching to the default color.

Last question (about iOS version now): Is still not possible to duplicate a record?

Actually, that's possible! When viewing an item in 1Password for iOS, scroll to the bottom and choose Move and Copy... > Copy to Vault, then tap the vault where you want to create the copy (you can choose the same vault as the original item if you want).

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

• lock
    lock
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

Hi again Drew,
    thanks for clarifications.

1 - adding Dropbox vaults
    Yes, I agree that double click way is quicker, but you need to know it in first place, and I was lacking that info. So a small button, maybe with just an alert telling you to double click the Dropbox vaults could be of great help. :)

2 - Vaults colors
    About vaults color you're right, it was related to image inside the icon, not the icon itself. Maybe on some previous versions there wasn't a suggested color? I remember (but I could be wrong) that simply deleting the suggested image (that seemed to be a lighter internal lock representation) I ended up with standard color ones.
    Thanks for the suggestions about how to pick the same color, after my last post I played a bit with color picker and found that solution too. :)

3 - iOS duplicate record
    Ah darn... I was sure I saw it previously but, checking for it a few hours ago, I did it in the wrong places. First I was trying to get a contextual menu on the record list, then I directly went in edit mode and there there's only "delete".
    Thanks for pointing out how dumb I am. :dizzy: :)

Thanks again for your quick and well explained solutions,
    Have a nice day,

Lock

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, @lock! And thanks for your feedback & suggestions, maybe we'll be able to improve some of these things in the future.

Thanks for pointing out how dumb I am. :dizzy: :)

I hope I didn't actually make you feel dumb! If I did, it was unintentional. Features like that can sometimes be easy to miss. If you had trouble finding it, I'm sure other customers have also had trouble, so it might be something we need to make more obvious.

Have a great day! :)

This discussion has been closed.