1Password not updating across all devices

Deez
Deez
Community Member

I use Dropbox to sync my 1Password vault (bought from the MAS). Everything is up-to-date and 1Password is synced between my iMac and my iPhone but the app refuses to update on my Macbook. Dropbox is still synced up and working normally on my MacBook but the app isn't updating like it should. I got locked out of my bank account because I tried to sign-in three times and 1Password was inputing the wrong (old) password. It wasn't until after I looked on my iPhone that I figured out that 1 Password wasn't updated on my MacBook and checking other Logins, realized that it hasn't been updating and syncing properly for a while. Is there any option in the preferences to force it to sync manually? Seems like a problem that could be easily solved if this option was available to the user. Do I have to delete my vault or the app itself and reinstall again? How does that guarantee that it will update/sync properly in future.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Deez

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble that you're having with 1Password, and that it locked you out of your bank account! In order to be able to fix your Dropbox syncing problem we need to diagnose what exactly is going on and why it's not syncing. The best way to do it is to follow this guide: https://support.1password.com/dropbox-troubleshooting/

It will guide you through the key things that could have gone wrong, and either fix the problem or shed some light on what's causing it.

I hope to hear back from you with what you've discovered soon so we can get Dropbox syncing back on it's feet for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.