My Macbook is stolen, security key lossed :( Got iphone app tho

WNXT
WNXT
Community Member

PLEASE HELP PEOPLE. I'v saved the security key on my Macbook who was stolen out of our house. Now I have only 1Password installed on my Iphone and i'm logged in at my iPhone, thank god. What can I do to login at my new computer???!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• WNXT
    WNXT
    Community Member

Please help dear people!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WNXT

Oh no, I'm so very sorry to hear that your computer was stolen! I hope that everything's ok for you. We don't have an account for the email address that you used to join the forums, so I'm not sure which kind of account you have. If you still have your phone with you, then recovering your account on a computer will be very easy, 1Password's got your back!

You can find your Account Key and your QR Code to add new devices by going in your iPhone to 1Password and then tap on Settings > 1Password Accounts > The name of your account > View QR Code (or Reveal Account Key).

If you have a Families or Teams account, you can see there your URL as well if you don't remember it. You can log in on any browser with that data here: https://start.1password.com/signin/ I'd recommend you to do that as soon as possible and then deauthorise your computer and browser in your computer to be on the save side things. When you have a new computer you can generate a new Emergency Kit there as well (if your Account Key was stored on your device and your worried you can generate a brand new one) and then use that to add your 1Password app to the computer.

Please let me know how this goes for you, if you have any questions and if you need help with anything else :chuffed:

• WNXT
    WNXT
    Community Member

Thanks Pilar for your answer! The problem is, if I go to Settings > 1Password Accounts > on my iPhone there is no account. Only the option to add a account.... :(

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WNXT

That means that you're syncing your data manually then :chuffed:

In that case you'll only be able to sync your data once you have a new device and when you've downloaded 1Password. You can go to Settings in 1Password, then Sync and see the details of your syncing configuration. When you know these details, you'll be able to set up syncing on your new device and all your data will be there.

Please let me know how this turns out, if you can't find this information, let me know and we'll try a different approach :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.