I am having trouble logging in online. I have my key, email and main password but not working

KathySears
KathySears
Community Member

I am confused between "accounts" and "licenses." I purchased in April through the Apple Store. I'm hesitant to proceed to syncing until I have accomplished this.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: Mac
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am having trouble logging in online. I have my key, email and main password but not working

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

Hi @KathySears

With all the new things that are coming around to 1Password, it's hard to keep up! If you bought 1Password through the App Store, then you have a license. This forum post will give you all the details about the difference between licenses and accounts.

In summary, if you have a license then your data is stored locally, on your device and you need to take care of syncing it. The license is a one time purchase and includes the major updates only within that version. If you have an account then your data is stored on our servers, it's synced automatically and you also have the option access it via a browser on any computer. The most recent version of all apps is included with your account, so you're always up to date!

If you have any other questions or there's anything else that you'd like to know, please let us know, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.