Can Google Chrome be set to store and fill addresses without storing and filling passwords?

Options

I've enjoyed the simplicity of Google Chrome's auto filling features for addresses. I have come to understand I should not be using the password feature if I'm using 1password, but I would still like to have it auto fill addresses for me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zach_webb: The short, hopeful answer is "yes, probably". Honestly, I am usually too lazy to disable it on new machines, so it just sits there unused and doesn't seem to cause any trouble.

However, it's generally something we recommend disabling since it can cause confusion. For example, after a late night cheap chips and salsa binge, you may think you've saved some login credentials in 1Password when in fact you saved them in Chrome. Or maybe that's just me. Anyway, something to consider.

Additionally, we've receive reports of Chrome having some odd issues with double-clicks being necessary to register a single-click with the password manager enabled. Not the end of the world, and doesn't affect everyone, but something to be aware of.

Otherwise, you should be able to use it as you describe. But keep in mind you can also store Identities in 1Password to fill them as well. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.