1password force enables Paypal One Touch if you leave Automatically sign in enabled

Options

basically after logging into paypal, 1password will press the keep me signed in checkbox, this is unwanted and recently changed from keep me signed in to Paypal One Touch which is really bad. It's worse that as far as I can tell you can't disable this. there are some old forum posts from 2013 or so that show a different UI with delete buttons for the webform settings on that login but nothing in the current UI

this all should change, one touch shouldn't be force enabled every time i use paypal and you should be given options as a customer to disable this behaviour.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gord,

I'm sorry you're running into some difficulty with that checkbox when 1Password fills your login credentials! We'll do our best to help you out with that. I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

When a site has a checkbox on the sign-in form, and you save a Login item, 1Password remembers that checkbox and if it was checked or unchecked at that time. It saves that in the web form details of the Login item, so you should normally be able to edit that. In the main 1Password app, please find that Login item and click the 'show web form details' button. Do you see anything about the checkbox there? If so, you can edit the item and change that web form detail to be un-checked (remember to save).

If for some reason that checkbox isn't part of the web form details, try saving a new Login item for that site by following these steps:

• Visit the sign-in page for that site.
    • Enter your username and password, but do not submit the form.
    • Make sure the checkbox is un-checked.
    • Click the 1Password button in your browser. Enter your Master Password if prompted.
    • Click the gear icon (to the right of the Search field), then select Save new Login from the menu.
    • Give the new Login item a unique name to tell it apart from the old one. When you’re finished, click Save Login.
    • Refresh the website, then use the new Login item to sign in.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.