Feature Request: Include billing address for credit card entries

Options

I saw this was brought up a couple years ago and closed. I would like to bring it back into discussion. Checking out online with 1Password is often weird because a credit card profile does not contain Billing Address information. My best tactic is to use two different entries (1 credit card and 1 identity) but often one or the other does not complete all of its fields. LastPass includes billing info in its credit card profile and checking out online works really well. Would please consider revisiting this? I have tried adding the fields manually myself, but any custom-fields do not seem to populate online checkout forms. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:feature request billing address on credit card items

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chriselley

Thank you for taking some time to tell what you'd like to see in 1Password. It sounds like you've found the workarounds yourself! We can certainly keep this idea in mind and see where it goes in the future. We have different requests related to categories and we're always trying to find the best way to deal with all of them :) While I can't tell you whether if or when this would be implemented, stay around and hopefully you'll be happy with the new things that we bring to 1Password! :chuffed:

• SoCalMtnBiker
    SoCalMtnBiker
    Community Member
    Options

I would like this feature also. Many retailers ask for the information on the same page (they all don't which may be an issue for 1P). And sometimes IIRC doing it twice (ID and CreditCard) doesn't always do the trick or they step on each other.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @SoCalMtnBiker ,

Thanks for writing in and for your request :chuffed: It sounds like you've tried the workaround but you find that the Identity & Credit Card items overwrite each other, while it's certainly possible it shouldn't really be happening and I'd love to try and improve this. Would you know of website where you've seen this happening? I could try it out myself and see if I can reproduce.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• SoCalMtnBiker
    SoCalMtnBiker
    Community Member
    Options

Matthew
    I'll try and remember next time it happens.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

I don't know if we'll see billing address added to a Credit Card item but either way if you find a site where either an Identity item or a Credit Card item doesn't fill the expected fields we would love to learn about it. As these two items are expected to work on any site they don't work the same way as Login items do and we're completely reliant on looking for hints in the HTML as to the purpose of each field. We work on a number of sites but we're always looking for ways to improve 1Password and learning about each site where we don't fill as expected helps.

This discussion has been closed.