Items being rejected by server

colincaskie
colincaskie
Community Member

I'm trying to decide whether to ditch my old license, and move to the new Family subs. So far it's been a PITA to set up, but I've created an account, setup a new vault and I want to migrate my 1P data from V3.8 to V6 on my Mac (and then subsequently to my iDevices). However, the PITA user experience continues.... of the 401 things in my Personal vault on 1P v6 on the Mac, only 263 of them turn up on the web. The rest fail with a "Rejected by server 100" error. I imported my data using a 1pif file.

I've seen reference to this in these forums before but it was all a long time ago, and mostly it needed some new release to fix it. We can't still be at that stage.

Perhaps it doesn't need a fix but I need a way to successfully migrate the data in my vault from 3.8 to V6 (and then onwards to the web store and back to iDevices). How?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Family account

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @colincaskie

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some trouble setting up your 1Password Account, it shouldn't cause any headaches for sure! The fact that you'd been using 1Password 3 before is part of what added some problems to this. It sounds like the problem relies on migrating from an old version to a new version of 1Password in general. Usually, you don't need to export and then import 1pif files. Do you still have all your data on 1Password 3? If this is the case, probably the easiest for you would be to start over with this process and let 1Password 6 pick up the previous data by itself. You can do this on 1Password 6 by following the steps here: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

When you start over 1Password 6 should offer the option to use the existing data. Then you can trash all the items on your account and import all the new items from your new primary vault.

Please let us know how this goes for you! If you bump into anymore trouble we'll be here for you to help you get set up :chuffed:

• colincaskie
    colincaskie
    Community Member

Hi,

OK, I managed to reset 1Password 6 so that there was nothing in it. I restarted and imported the data from my old vault from the Dropbox sync. That worked fine and everything imported.

I then added my family account so that I could sync online through 1Password.com. That worked, but what happened then was that the data on 1Password.com downloaded and got added to the data on the Mac client, but not the other way. I ended up with 600ish items on the Mac (the 400 from my existing vault, + 200ish that came from online).

In the end I had to empty the vault on the Mac, sync that empty vault to 1Password (to clear it out) then start afresh again on the Mac, importing the old data.

I think I've just about gotten there in the end.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @colincaskie

Thanks for the update, this was quite the rollercoaster! When I got to the part of having 600 items I was just about to recommend you to do exactly what you did, so you hit the nail on the head there!

I'm sorry that this process got a bit complicated, but I'm glad that it's sorted out now. If you find out something's not right or need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to ask, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.