Unable to see Folders?

spuriosity
spuriosity
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new to 1Password (it's great!) and I have a lot of logins that I'd like to add. They're in categories, so I'd like to add them in folders. I can't find any info on how to do that. There are a number of discussions that you mention going out of All Vaults into the Primary Vault and they become available, but that doesn't seem to work for me. I'm in the primary vault and I simply cannot see where to add a folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX El Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• spuriosity
    spuriosity
    Community Member

(I'm using a normal account, not a teams or family account, and the instructions page for folders on the website gives a 404)

• spuriosity
    spuriosity
    Community Member

Ok, I found the option to create vaults outside 1password account. This has allowed me to create a local vault, which I can then create folders in.

However this vault is not synced to my 1password account, it is just local...

Is it possible to link this account, or to create folders in an already linked personal account (not teams/family)?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spuriosity

I'm sorry if there's been some confusion with 1Password and the different modalities in which it comes. If you have a personal account, as you do, then instead of folder you have tags. I'd recommend you to stick to using your account (not local vaults, as that would entail some annoying things for you) and organising your data using a mix of tags and if you have a lot of items also some extra vaults. You can create these vaults directly from your account on 1Password.com.

If you have any other questions about folders and tags or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.