Feature Request: Color-coded Menu Icon

Mitchla
Mitchla
Community Member

When 1PW is locked, all menu icons everywhere are red, when unlocked, green. Thanks...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Mitchla ,

Thanks for writing in with your request. When you say all menu icons, do you mean other apps' menu icons too? We can consider changing the look of the 1Password menu icon depending on if it's locked or not, but I don't believe it's possible to change other apps' icons.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Mitchla
    Mitchla
    Community Member

No, I mean just the 1PW icon, to know whether it's locked or unlocked.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mitchla,

Thank you for the suggestion, and for the screenshot/mock-up of what you had in mind! I can see how that might be helpful. Although I can't make any promises about if or when we might do something like that, I can let our developers know you'd be interested.

For now, in case it helps, it's easy to check if 1Password is locked by using the ⌥⌘\ ( option+command+backslash ) keyboard shortcut. That will open 1Password mini so you can see if it's locked or not (in other words, if it asks for your master password, it's locked). Or if you can use the ^⌥⌘L ( control+option+command+L ) keyboard shortcut to immediately lock 1Password. Those keyboard shortcuts should work from any app on your Mac.

I know it would be easier to just look at the icon in the menubar, but I wanted to let you know about those tips in case you find them helpful. Thanks again for sending us your feature request! We're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.