Dropbox Sync Issue between iMac and Macbook Pro

El_Conquistador
El_Conquistador
Community Member

Hello - per the advice from 1Password (via e-mail) I am attempting to utilize Dropbox (instead of iCloud) to sync between my iMac and my Macbook Pro. I am running OS X El Capital (v 10.11.6) and 1Password version 6.3.2. I have 2 vaults on my iMac. One vault is labeled "Primary" an the other vault is labeled as "Archives" (which stores passwords and websites that will be rarely used). Although both vaults are listed in my dropbox account and my Macbook Pro is connected to dropbox, no syncing occurs. As such, the only machine I can use is my iMac. This is a problem as I use my Macbook Pro frequently while traveling. When my Macbook Pro tries to sync (on the initial connection) it asks me to allow it to merge existing data. If I say "yes", ALL of the existing dropbox account passwords (147) are reduced to 5. As such, this is not a "merge" but an overwrite of existing data. I have moved the existing data to a different folder so that it would appear to be a "new" setup and establish the account as a "first time install" without success. In the end, I have to restore so that I can retrieve my Primary and Archive vaults on my iMac. As Dropbox is the recommended solution from 1Password - and I do not want to pay a fee to establish a 1Password account since I have already paid for this software / app - how do I have my iMac and MBP sync these two vaults? The next question will ask the same thing regarding my iPhone 6s and iPad 2.

Thanks you

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 6.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox sync issue between iMac and macbook pro

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @El_Conquistador,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've run into while trying to sync your vaults via Dropbox!

I see that you've been in touch with us about this problem via email. Three days ago, Margeau asked you to email us some diagnostics reports but we haven't heard back from you since then. Did you receive that email? If so, please follow the steps she sent you to email us those reports so we can take a look and figure this out. Or if you didn't receive that email, please make sure you check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there. If you can't find it, just let us know and we'll be happy to resend it. Thanks! :)

ref: LIP-78997-648

• El_Conquistador
    El_Conquistador
    Community Member

Thanks Drew for letting me know about the e-mail from Margeau. I found it in my spam / junk folder and just replied to her. I am happy to provide you with the diagnostics that she requested but I need to find out how to create the report for you for my iMac and Macbook Pro (as well as my iPhone 6s and iPad 2 if you need those devices as well).

• El_Conquistador
    El_Conquistador
    Community Member

Drew - I found the article on Agilebits to create a diagnostics report. I have sent it from my iMac. As you know, the diagnostics report provides the ability to reset permissions, repair attributes, and reset services. I have done all 3.

• El_Conquistador
    El_Conquistador
    Community Member

Drew - I have just sent my diagnostics from my Macbook Pro to you as well. Both diagnostic reports were generated from my gmail account.

• El_Conquistador
    El_Conquistador
    Community Member

All 4 diagnostic reports (iMac, Macbook Pro, iPhone 6s, and iPad 2) have been e-mailed.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @El_Conquistador

We have received all your Diagnostic's Reports and I can see that the communication is going on with Margeau over email. We'll stick to email from now on to not get our wires crossed and be able to help you better :chuffed:

• El_Conquistador
    El_Conquistador
    Community Member

Thank you for your post. I am taking off on business travel tonight. Is there any way that we can get this resolved quickly? My primary concern at this moment is to have my Macbook Pro sync so that my iMac and MBP are identical. We can then deal with my secondary concern involving the iOS devices when time permits.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

Hi @El_Conquistador,

I'm taking a look at your email right now and will respond there shortly, hopefully not too late to help get this sorted out before you travel.

• El_Conquistador
    El_Conquistador
    Community Member

Thanks - I appreciate everyone looking at this but I never seem to get a "here is the next step that we need to try" type of response. I seem to read that diagnostics have been received and being looked at but nothing for me to try for a solution. Is there a way we can do this in real time? Please let me know what the next steps are or who to contact or Skype or anything else. I am really stuck and need assistance. I am flying (more) today and won't be available until late tonight. We can set up something for early Monday morning if possible. Thanks for your help - I hope the diagnostics that I sent to you will allow us to solve this issue. Thanks again.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @El_Conquistador,

Did you receive the two emails I sent you, yesterday and today? Once we're communicating through email instead of on the forum it'll be easier to work out the details for a solution to syncing issues between all of your devices. … ahh, I see you've also sent email now so we'll keep the conversation going there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.