(null) Vault after buying new license

EdwardV
EdwardV
Community Member

Hi there,
First of all I searched the Forum but couldn't find a fit for this one.
I am running 1Password on an iMac and a Macbook Pro, both running OS X 10.11.6.
I used a an expired 6.1 evaluation version with storage on Dropbox. No problem so far.
Today I decided to buy a license and move my current Dropbox based Vault data to the Personal Vault Cloud data.
I started with my Macbook Pro and used https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/ to complete remove my existing 1Password environment. I removed the 1Password extension from Firefox and Chrome. Downloaded the latest Mac version and installed. I registered manually and connected to the Dropbox based Vault.
Wonderful to see that it worked like a charm. 1Password App showed all my saved items. Perfect.
Now I moved the date from the Dropbox Vault into the Cloud Personal Vault. Perfect, very smooth. Set the Personal Vault to default, all set.
Added the Browser Extensions again to both Firefox and Chrome, and all the data from the Personal Vault showed, one happy guy.

So the same ritual, as a second run, on the iMac. Basically the same success story until I added the Browser Extensions to Firefox and Chrome. The install of the Extensions was fine, at least I didn't see any error messages. But when I click (on both Browsers) the 1Password tray the Password box lists "(null) Vault)".
When I type a bogus password it does the usual OS X wrong password wiggle. When I type the actual Master Password I get an error "There is no Vault. Please open 1Password app.".
Again 1Password App works perfectly and displays all Personal Vault listings.
I'm lost here. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks Ed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EdwardV,

I'm sorry you're running into a problem with 1Password on your iMac!

The first thing I'd like you to try is to restart 1Password mini on your iMac. To do that, open the main 1Password app on your iMac and go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. After it restarts, unlock 1Password and then try using the browser extension again. Is there any difference this time?

If it's still a problem, please reboot your Mac. After it restarts, try again.

Does that help at all? If you try that but still get the error message, it would be great if you could take a screenshot of that. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just make sure the screenshot doesn't include any personal/private information. Thanks in advance! :)

• EdwardV
    EdwardV
    Community Member

Hello Drew,
    Thank you for your swift reaction, appreciated. I followed your suggestions, however the issue persists. I want to emphasize that the 1Password App is working as expected. As you can see in the screenshots. The issue is only with Firefox and Chrome Browser Extensions.

Thanks.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EdwardV

It sounds like you've bumped into an intriguing problem here! Sometimes when there are multiples copies of 1Password on the computer you can get some trouble with 1Password mini. I would like to ask you to please check if this is the case by any chance. Just type 1Password on your Spotlight search and look for the 1Password icon, see if it you can find it more than once and delete the extra copies. Please let us know if this helps, or if you still have any trouble and we need to dig a bit deeper :chuffed:

• EdwardV
    EdwardV
    Community Member

You just made my day :)
    I didn't use Spotlight but iTerm using find. Turns out there was another old user on the system using 1Password where as mine showed as 1Password 6. Deleted the old1Password files, reboot. And now it works like a charm!!!
    Thanks again appreciated.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

HI @EdwardV

That's great news! You're very welcome, I'm glad to hear that getting rid of the extra copy of 1Password did the trick for you, and that 1Password is now behaving properly! I hope that everything goes smoothly for you from now on, but if you need us again, you know where to find us :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.