Why is my auto lock not working?

aglick
aglick
Community Member

I am very confused. I had been using version 3.8 since I bought it and a few weeks ago I started noticing that every so often the auto lock feature stopped working. My recollection was having to re-enter my password if I closed my browser window, quit the browser, my computer went to sleep or I shut it down and then all of a sudden none of that was true anymore; once opened, the app would stay open for days. I finally had time to deal with it and followed instructions to upgrade but it said there was an error downloading the upgrade. Then I went to my original e-mail when I ordered it and there was a download link so I clicked it and was taken to a page to download version 6, which I did. All of my passwords were imported correctly, but the auto lock still doesn't seem to work they way I remember it. I went to preferences and saw that "Lock when main window is closed" was not selected so I selected it and auto lock still doesn't work unless I quit the app. I removed the old browser extension from my tool bar but I can't figure out how to put it back. Now I am realizing that by I didn't upgrade to 6, but I am going to be asked to buy it. I don't want to buy the new version, I just wanted to update my old one as I was prompted, but I keep getting an error (see photo). What can I do?

1Password Version: 3.8.2/6.3.2
Extension Version: 3.9.21.90/ 4.5.9.90
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: file
Referrer: forum-search:auto lock

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aglick

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with auto lock and 1Password. You're right, you can use 1Password 6 for free for one month, but then you would need to get an upgrade for your license (so you know, you'd be getting it with big discount, not at full price). You have, however one more option: to get a 1Password Account. Right now, you can try a 1Password Account for free for the first 6 months! This will allow you to use the most recent version of the apps, which work much better on the current OS!

Please let me know which path you'd like to follow, either go back to 1Password 3 or try 1Password 6 with the account, so we can go ahead troubleshooting this issue. Depending on what you decide we'll take it from there :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.