Program transfer - V4.4.2 from old mac to a new mac - how do i do this

JosephGalli
JosephGalli
Community Member

Hi
I transferred to a new MAC Book and want to transfer over my program. I am using Dropbox for the synching and this has already been transferred to the new computer. How do i transfer the software program to the new machine?

1Password Version: 4.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JosephGalli,

Thanks for contacting us with your question about installing the 1Password app on a new Mac!

The answer is that you don't need to transfer the app, you simply need to download a new copy of it to your new Mac. If you bought a 1Password license from our AgileBits Store (or if you have a 1Password subscription account), you can download 1Password from our download site. If you bought 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'll need to launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to buy 1Password, and download/install it from the Purchased section.

The first time you open 1Password 6 on your new Mac, it will ask about where you have your data, and you'll be able to sync it from Dropbox (make sure you've already installed Dropbox on the new Mac).

It should be pretty straightforward, but if you run into any trouble with that or have more questions, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.