Delete old icloud data

kmc71
kmc71
Community Member

Installing on iOS clicked the icloud version by mistake but then noticed it still pulled in data, old but how to delete this in icloud ?

Full scenario:

Switched to 1password for individual on Mac OS so icloud backup is not required, and no way to sync anyway (no sync button below)

Did follow the guide to transfer and delete old account, only one account showing as below:

Nothing showing on Mac Finder iCloud Drive, although it never did.

The data in iOS fits with the timescale on switching to 1password for individual.

So it seems there is a dataset in icloud that I would prefer to delete.

Thanks

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kmc71,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! I can definitely help you remove your 1Password data from iCloud.

It sounds like you have all your latest 1Password data in your new 1Password account & in the Mac app, so you can certainly delete the copy of your data in iCloud:

• On your iOS device, open 1Password and go to Settings.
    • Scroll down and tap Advanced, then scroll down and tap Erase iCloud Data (confirm you want to Reset iCloud Data).
    • Once you see a message that confirms the data was reset and sync was disabled, tap OK.

If you set up 1Password for iOS by syncing with iCloud, you will also want to erase the local 1Password vault from that iOS device and then sign into your account. Just follow these steps:

• On your iOS device, open 1Password and go to Settings.
    • Scroll down and tap Advanced, then scroll down and tap Erase All 1Password Data.
    • Confirm that you want to erase all 1Password data from that device.

Once you've done that, launch 1Password for iOS and choose to sign into your account.

It should all be very easy, but if you have any questions about that, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

• kmc71
    kmc71
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG

Perfect, many thanks.

Followed your detailed steps and all looks good now.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kmc71

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that his instructions worked well for you and everything went smoothly. If you need help with anything else, you know where to find us :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.