'Fill login on current webpage' shortcut stopped working

Venn
Venn
Community Member

Hi,

I don't know why but when I use this (default) shortcut now, it just outputs: `
It must have been a OSX update I guess, but I don't know how to fix it.

regards,

Kevin.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Venn,

I'm sorry you're having trouble filling your Logins on websites! But don't worry, I'm sure we can help to get things back to normal.

First, we'll just need to know a few more details about your setup:

• What version of OS X / macOS are you running on your Mac?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • What web browser are you using, and what version?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in your browser?
    • Is this problem happening with all of your Login items, or just one specific Login?
    • Are you using the ⌘\ ( Command+Backslash ) keyboard shortcut to fill a Login item, or the ⌥⌘\ ( Option+Command+Backslash ) keyboard shortcut?
    • To make sure I understand, is the problem that when you try to fill your Login info, only the ` symbol is filled in the username (or password) field on the website?
    • If this happens with just one Login item, please check that item in the 1Password app - can you confirm the correct username & password are there?
    • What happens if you click on the URL field of the Login item in the main 1Password app?
    • What happens if you go to a website/sign-in form and then click on the 1Password extension icon in the browser? If the matching Login is shown, does selecting it fill the sign-in form correctly?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Venn
    Venn
    Community Member

Hello,

Im using ...
    OSX version 10.11.6
    1Password version 6.3.2
    Mac App Store
    Chrome Version 52.0.2743.116 (64-bit)

But you solved it by making me realise that a Chrome update removed the 1Password extension

I had 1Password mini running, but that's clearly not enough.

Thank you,

Kevin.

• Hi @Venn

I'm glad that @Drew_AG helped you figure out that the extension had disappeared. The extension is definitely critical to filling and saving new logins in the various browsers. I'm not sure we've heard of updates to browsers removing extensions, but its certainly possible you had installed the 1Password extension from our website directly instead of the chrome web store. I know they had started locking down where extensions could be installed from so its quite possible that that restriction was the reason.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll do our best to answer them.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.