Why has 1Password quit working with the Fitbit login page

Options

Is anyone else having problems getting 1Password to work with the login page for FitBit at the following URL:

https://fitbit.com/login

This is in Mac OS X El Capitan. It worked fine for me for well over a year. Then, all of a sudden, it would periodically not fill in the fields when I hit the CMD-\ keys. I got tired of this so I deleted the login from 1Password and then went to the above URL and manually entered the data. Upon clicking the "Log In" button I was logged in; but, 1Password did not create the new login, nor did it ask me if I wanted it saved.

I repeated the process several times and for whatever reason, 1Password seems to refuse to work with the FitBit login page. All other sites, and anything brand new that is encountered works just fine. Anyone have any idea on how to get the FITBit login working again in 1Password. I currently have the userid and password values saved in a text file and I cut and paste from it when I need to log in to FitBit.

I even tried to manually create the login but could not get it to work since I do not know the names of the fields used on that page. I tried looking at the page source but the HTML code is way beyond that of my knowledge.

This is in OS X 10.11.6 and 1Password 6.3.2

Sure would like to get the FitBit login working again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not working with the Fitbit login page

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@harriew: I'm really sorry for the trouble there! It's definitely broken in the current stable release of the 1Password extension. But there's good news: we have a fix for this we're testing in the beta currently. So you can install the beta extension now if you like, or wait for the stable next release (provided all goes well). Thanks for bringing this up!

• harriew
    harriew
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply, letting me know that it is a problem with 1Password. When I took a look at the source for the FitBit login page, it made me realize the challenge that you folks must have trying to keep 1Password working with the myriad ways these sites come up with formatting their pages. I will wait for the next stable release to take advantage of your, hopeful, fix. Thanks gain.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@harriew: Indeed. I'm really sorry about that. Thanks so much for your understanding. It certainly keeps us busy and out of trouble! Hopefully we'll have a new stable release for you to help with this soon. :blush:

• harriew
    harriew
    Community Member
    Options

Just downloaded, an installed, 1Password 6.3.3 along with the new Safari Extension and after I copied and pasted the userid and password into the FitBit login screen, I was happy to see 1Password ask if I wanted to save the new login. Told it to save it, erased the old FitBit login entry, logged out of the FitBit page and while sitting on the FitBit login page typed the good old Cmd-\ and was very happy to see 1Password once again filling in the FitBit login info.

My hats off to you folks for so quickly conquering this problem. It is most appreciated!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Wow! Thanks so much for following up, and the kind words! It's great to hear that the update resolved the issue for you. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here for you if you need anything else! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.