iMac & iPhone 6 Sync Issue

HesterChung
HesterChung
Community Member

I sync 1Password information between by iPhone (v.6.4.4) and iMac (v. 6.3.2) using iCloud, but I recently noticed that passwords, new entries, and deletions are not syncing. For example: (1) 134 items are listed on my iPhone, whereas 131 items are listed on my iMac; (2) New entries made via iPhone are not synced to iMac; (3) New passwords entered via iMac are not synced to iPhone; and (4) Entries deleted from iMac are still available on iPhone. There appears to be a issue syncing from iPhone to iMac and vice versa.

I double-checked that "iCloud" is selected as the sync type on my iMac. On my iPhone, I went to "Settings" and tried to "Sync Now," but it doesn't work, although both my iPhone and iMac indicate that the sync just happened. Any thoughts? Should I delete the 1Password app on my iPhone and re-install it (or would this delete any new entries made via my iPhone)? Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@HesterChung does anything in this knowledge base article help?

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

If not, please post again and tell us:

Stephen

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HesterChung,

Did the troubleshooting article that Stephen sent you help to solve the sync problem? That usually takes care of common issues that might happen when using iCloud to sync 1Password data, but if it doesn't help and your changes still aren't syncing between your Mac and iPhone, please let us know and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• HesterChung
    HesterChung
    Community Member

Thanks for your response! Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. The troubleshooting article didn't help with the sync issue that I've been experiencing.

Here is the relevant specs for my iPhone and Mac:

iPHONE: Version 6.4.4 of the 1Password app on iPhone 6 / iOS on iPhone (haven't updated to iOS 10 yet).

MAC: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 with version 6.3.2. of the 1Password app.

I've never had an issue with syncing until now. I know that my iCloud is turned "on" for both my Mac and iPhone because songs and bookmarked Safari articles are synced.

Any other thoughts on troubleshooting? Thanks in advance!

• HesterChung
    HesterChung
    Community Member

Hi again! I plugged in my iPhone to my Mac, signed out of iCloud on both my Mac and iPhone, and then signed back on again.

The items are now syncing on my Mac and phone. I'm not sure why that worked, but it did!

Thanks again for your help earlier and the prompt response. Love the app and the service!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @HesterChung! Thanks for following up to let us know it's working now, and the steps you took which seemed to have helped. I don't think connecting your iPhone to your Mac would have made a difference, but signing out of & back into iCloud definitely seems to have something to do with it. I'm not exactly sure why it worked either, but I'm glad that it did! :)

Hopefully it continues to work perfectly for you from now on, but if you run into more trouble or need anything else, please let us know. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.