Two 1Password accounts, 2 different Mac user Accounts

FreeToRoam
FreeToRoam
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

Hi, I currently use 1Password with my iMac and a laptop, syncing through dropbox.

My daughter has her own 1Password account that she uses on her laptop.

On my iMac, she has her own user account that she rarely uses any more, but when she does, she would like it to sync to her new 1Password vault. Her user account 1Password is currently syncing with my 1Password vault -- how to I switch to her account? I don't want the accounts merged.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Current?
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FreeToRoam,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help!

If I understand, it sounds like your daughter has her own OS X user account on your Mac, but in that user account, the 1Password app is set up with your own vault. You would like to reset 1Password on her OS X user account so she can set it up with her own 1Password data. Is that all correct?

If so, resetting the 1Password app is very easy:

1. Sign into her OS X user account on that Mac, and open 1Password.
    2. If 1Password is unlocked, lock it by clicking the padlock in the upper right corner.
    3. Go to Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the on-screen instructions.

The next time 1Password is launched in that OS X user account, it will take her through the initial setup process, so she'll be able to set it up with her own data (for example, by signing into her 1Password account, or syncing her data from Dropbox or iCloud).

Does that help? Please let us know if you have any questions about that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.