[Feature request] Sort logins by most frequently used

cbracken
cbracken
Community Member

Hi,

It would be really awesome if the browser extension sorted logins by the most recently used (or the most commonly used). Instead of alphabetical.

This is an example situation I find myself in: I have several google logins, work, personal, school, side projects, totaling seven logins. By far and away the one I use the most is my personal one. But because of alphabetization its on the end of the list when I hit the hot key to fill it online and I have to scroll way down each time to find it.

Would be really nice to have that most recently used (or the most commonly used) login at the top.

Thanks,
Cameron

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.2 (632001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 10.11.5 (15F34)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sort logins by most commonly used

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cbracken,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your suggestion! I can't make any promises about if/when we'll add that sorting ability, but I can certainly forward your request to our developers.

For now, you can make that Login item appear at the top by marking it as a Favorite - in the item details, click the 'star' button. Now when you go to the Google sign-in page and open the 1Password extension, that Login item should be listed above the others (it will also be listed in the Favorites sub-menu).

Thanks again, and if you need anything else, be sure to let us know. We're here for you! :)

• cbracken
    cbracken
    Community Member

I didn't know that favorites show up at the top of the list, thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I'm glad that was helpful for you. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

• mhalttu
    mhalttu
    Community Member

This isn't true, at least for the Chrome plugin. Even though I star a login, it is not shown before some non-starred ones.

I love 1Password but the way you guys handle multiple logins to the same site on Chrome is surprisingly terrible. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, i.e. the logins seem to be completely random. My most important and commonly used login is one of those the plugin chooses to hide under "Show 3 more items"

The best solutions would be this:

1) Show favorites first
    2) Sort by most used or most recently used or a combination of those

• mhalttu
    mhalttu
    Community Member

Replying to myself, in case somebody else encounters the same issue.

The problem was that my favourite login had a different website address than the other logins on the list. This was completely non-obvious from the UI of the Chrome plugin, but when I manually added the correct website, the login jumped to the top of the list.

• Hi @mhalttu ,

There is no difference from one browser plugin with another, they both call on 1Password mini to display the window. But, the window will sort more "exact" URL matches first. For example, if you are at mysite.com, and you have a login item for mysite.com and another for something.mysite.com, then mysite.com will show first. We can look into better sorting options for the future, but in the meantime, as you have found, editing the web site URLs in the login item to match will yield results.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.