Upgrade from 1Password3 to 1Password6 issues - NSInvalidArgumentException

xunfusion
xunfusion
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

I just paid for upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6 since there is no more support for Password 3 (I recently upgraded from OS Mavericks to El Capitan). I deleted old 1password 3 app and moved new 1password 6 into my app folder. When I open, all the settings are transferred over fine. But when I try to create a new entry I get the following error: NSInvalidArgumentException. Then when I try to edit existing entries, I cannot see the text (font is white). Also the existing entire fields are all jumbled up. ( I have a screenshot for you).

1Password Version: 1Password6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:NSInvalidArgumentException

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xunfusion,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using 1Password after upgrading to version 6!

From your description, it sounds like you might still be using the 1Password 3 app on your Mac. If you open 1Password and go to 1Password > About 1Password in the menubar, what version number is shown in the window that opens?

If the problem is actually happening in version 6, your screenshot might be very helpful for us (just make sure it doesn't show any private data, as these are public forums). To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.