Feature request: count uses of entries on sites, rank by weight

Options

I have a few sites where I use multiple logins. Generally, one login will get used more than others, but all logins do get used occasionally. Unfortunately, 1Password likes alphabetical ranking by default, and I haven't found a way to change this (and I don't want to rename some of my logins if I can help it).

Has any consideration (or would any consideration) been given to tracking popularity of a login entry based on the URL match, and ranking the entries that way (as an option)? Flagging my most used one as favourite doesn't seem to have any effect either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bajandude: Sorting based on frequency of use is an interesting idea. It would mean that 1Password would have to track that information though, and that may not be something most people want. Definitely worth considering though!

Favorites are a great option, but of course they don't help if they don't work the way you expect! When you set an item as a Favorite, it will be at the top of search results, or at the top of the list of logins for that URL. If it's an inexact match for the site you're at, it will show up after exact matches and before the other inexact matches. Does that help?

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. Then I may have a bug report for favourites (and thanks for explaining favourites; that's how I thought they should work).

I have two entries in 1Password:

The second one will always appear at the top when I go to https://www.dmyc.ie/wp-login.php, even though the first one is a favourite. Best I can tell, this is alpha sort interpreting the - as a lower indexed character than W.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bajandude: Hmm. I notice a few differences between the two: the full URL, the protocol, and of course the title you pointed out. The one thing I'm wondering though is the "Favorite" status of these items. Are the both marked as Favorites? Just the second one? Neither? Please let me know!

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

The Wordpress Admin one is marked as favourite, the Races one is not. Based on the URLs, the Races one should be an inexact match, because while the site is the same, the protocol is different, as is the path. If I rename the Admin one to DMYC - Admin, it alpha sorts ahead of the - Races one.

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

Additional info - this is Firefox, plugin 4.5.9, Windows 10.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @bajandude,

So the extension shouldn't be a factor as it merely acts as a bridge between the 1Password helper process and the browser. Indeed the menu that you're interacting with is all from the actual application. So I would like to learn what version of 1Password you are currently running please. I'd like to see if I can replicate the behaviour you're seeing. So along with the version of 1Password can you confirm if the two Login items you referred to earlier only have the one website field that you've already told us about? I think that's the only pieces of information we should need to see if we can reproduce, I think you've supplied all the other key details. I have to confess what you're seeing does puzzle me so I'd love to understand it.

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

4.6.0 beta, though previously I was on the stable channel and the issue was there. Just checked the entries, and they've each got a single URL.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bajandude: Thanks! I think lil bobby was asking for the 1Password app version you're using though, since you mentioned the OS and extension version in your previous post. We've got one stable release and two very different betas, so that will crucial information for us to be able to test this properly. And please also make sure Firefox is updated, and confirm the version there as well. Thanks in advance! :)

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

4.6.0 beta 614 is the app. Firefox is up to date, 48.0.2.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bajandude: Aha. It turns out I was overthinking this. You were right. The - is what's affecting the sort order here. Thanks so much for bringing this up, and following up with that information. We'll get this sorted out!

ref: OPW-587

This discussion has been closed.