Having trouble syncing, had been syncing via wifi, then switched to WLAN and now nothing syncing.

Ramstar
Ramstar
Community Member

Had always been able to sync my MAC and IPhone via wifi. Lately everything switched to WLAN and now nothing will sync. How do I get back to syncing via wifi?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:Want to sync via wifi, 1Password switched me to WLAN.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ramstar,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing! We'll figure this out one way or another.

Starting with 1Password version 6.3.2 for Mac (and version 6.4.4 for iOS), the 'Wi-Fi Server' option was renamed to 'WLAN Server'. But the only thing that changed was the name of that feature, and not the way it works. So if it was working before the update, it should have continued to work after the update. Can you please make sure WLAN Server is still enabled/set up on both your Mac and iPhone? On your Mac, open 1Password and go to Preferences > WLAN Server to make sure it's still enabled. On your iPhone, open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary > Sync Service to make sure the WLAN server option is still selected.

If the settings are fine, it should sync automatically when 1Password is open and unlocked on both the Mac and iPhone (and assuming they're connected to the same network, of course). If that doesn't seem to happen automatically, open 1Password on your iPhone and go to Settings > Sync > Primary, then tap the Sync Now button. What happens when you do that?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Ramstar
    Ramstar
    Community Member

Shows sync problem. Make sure your device and your Mac have same date and time for wifi sync to work.

• Ramstar
    Ramstar
    Community Member

OMG, it was that easy. My computer had a slightly different time than my IPhone! Thanks for the explanation that WLAN is the same as wifi! Was a puzzlement! Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad to hear it's working after correcting the time! Thank you for following up to let us know how you solved it, that will be helpful for others who might run into a similar issue.

We're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.