Custom icons not working in 6.3.2 (Mac App Store version)

dfeinber
dfeinber
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

I have app store version but with home subscription. Custom Icons stopped working. using even a "recent". appears when editing but disappears when saving.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jdcasey
    jdcasey
    Community Member

I have the exact same issue. Some further details for my case:

1) I migrated from a standalone vault to a Personal subscription recently. Custom icons had worked correctly prior to this migration.

2) The custom icons are shown in the iOS apps using the Personal vault.

3) The custom icons also appear in the web view for my Personal vault.

4) I tried to add a custom icon for a new login. Like dfeinber, I was able to double-click on the icon field and select the file location. It appeared briefly, and then disappeared. But the icon was, in fact, added since I can see it in the web view and iOS apps. (Also, dragging and dropping an icon onto the field in editing mode—which used to work—instead adds the image as an attachment.)

So, the issue appears to be limited to display in the Mac client. I am running macOS 10.11.6 and 1Password 6.3.2 purchased from the Mac App Store. Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dfeinber and @jdcasey,

I'm sorry you're running into this problem with custom icons! This is a known issue in the Mac App Store version of 1Password, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

The good news is that our developers have already fixed this in a beta version. Once a stable update that includes the fix is released and you install it, the icons should work correctly for you (I don't have a timeframe for exactly when to expect that, though).

Again, I'm sorry for the trouble with the custom icons. If you have other questions about that or need anything else, please let us know! :)

ref: OPM-4313
    ref: OPM-4314

This discussion has been closed.