How to sign in to a site with 1Password

Weatheraardvark
Weatheraardvark
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

I had Roboform for mac and it did a fine job until I forgot the master password. Instead of starting over again, I decided to use 1Password as it was recommended as being friendly to Macs. So I went through several websites and it saved the password. Now what I am not getting. With Roboform, it autofilled the places for username and passwords for me. I am not getting the same effect with 1Password. I am guessing that I have to go into where the passwords are stored and open up what I want from there?

That isn't what I need. I have sites in my bookmark tool bar that I click on and go there. I want to be able to do that again and have the app or program load that information into the spaces.

Is this a dream or a way to do it.

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Weatheraardvark,

I'm happy to hear you decided to try out 1Password! It sounds like it works differently than what you had been used to before, but we'll do our best to help you out.

To clear up some confusion: 1Password doesn't actually have an "auto-fill" feature. In other words, it will only fill your data when you explicitly tell it to do so. Because sensitive data is involved, we don't assume you want us to do something automatically, so we leave the control in your hands. But it's extremely easy to have 1Password fill your login credentials for you, and we explain how here: Sign in to a site with 1Password

So, once you open a website, you can use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut to have 1Password fill the sign-in form. Or you can open the website by choosing that Login item from the 1Password extension, and it will also fill the sign-in form once the page loads.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.