Am I expected to overwrite the "website 2" field?

deathwishdave
deathwishdave
Community Member

Hello,

For many sites, I would like to add both a username and email address, and do not want to create a different section to store this additional information.

Is the correct way to do this to overwrite the "website 2" field (see screenshot). A bit confused as to why its not called "label - new field" like all the other generic customisable fields.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @deathwishdave,

Thanks for writing in with your question about the fields in a Login item!

The website fields in the top section of a Login item are meant only/specifically for website addresses. 1Password uses those fields to figure out which Login item matches the website you're currently viewing. When you save a Login item from the 1Password browser extension, it automatically fills the first website field with the address of the current website. In some cases, you might have a single website account that works on multiple sites, and that's what the other website fields are for.

If you have extra details about a website account that you want to store in a Login item, you can add custom fields in another section. Or you can use the 'notes' field. It's up to you! ;)

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions about that, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers! :)

• deathwishdave
    deathwishdave
    Community Member

Thanks for clarifying.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @deathwishdave

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! If we can help you with anything else, you know where to find us ;)

This discussion has been closed.