have version 4 on old Mavericks and version 6 on new El Capitan, will 4 and 6 work together?

engrav
engrav
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

is in the title
can I use version 4 on old Mavericks and version 6 on new El Cap?
sync'ing with dropbox
thank you

1Password Version: 4 and 6
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Mavericks and El Cap
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password 4 and 6 together

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @engrav,

Thanks for writing in with your question! The answer is yes, 1Password 4 and 6 for Mac can definitely sync with each other via Dropbox.

The one thing you'll need to keep in mind is that you will need to use the Agile Keychain sync format between those two versions, because 1Password 4 isn't compatible with the newer OPVault format. OPVault is the default sync file format in 1Password 6 (i.e. new sync files created by 1Password 6 will be .opvault files), but you can change that: In 1Password 6 for Mac, simply go to Help > Tools in the menu bar, and if Enable OPVault for Dropbox and Folder sync has a check mark, select that option to disable it. Now any new sync files created by 1Password 6 will be .agilekeychain files, which are compatible with 1Password 4.

I hope that helps, but if you have any questions about that or have trouble setting it up, just let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.