1Password Mini for Mac not showing all categories

bsnyder
bsnyder
Community Member

I just updated one of our computers to 1Password 6 and signed into our family account. Since doing so, we just noticed that in 1Password Mini, only the Logins and Licenses categories are showing up -- not Favorites or Credit Cards or Secure Notes or any other categories will display there. We have restarted 1Password Mini several times, made sure it's syncing to iCloud and it is. How can we get all the categories to show up in 1Password Mini?

Bruce

1Password Version: 6.3.2 (632001)
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bsnyder,

Sorry to hear you're only seeing a couple item categories in 1Password mini! I'm sure we can help to figure this out.

1Password mini only shows categories that contain items, so if you have multiple vaults in 1Password, you might be viewing a vault in 1Password mini that only contains Logins and Licenses. To check that, open 1Password mini from your Mac's menubar - the Search field at the top will show the name of the vault you're currently viewing (or if it says "Search 1Password", you're in the All Vaults view). You can also click on the vault icon to the left of the Search field to see a list of vaults - the one you're currently viewing will have a check mark next to it.

Next, open the main 1Password app and select the same vault as the one you're viewing in 1Password mini (you can click the vault switcher near the top left corner of the main 1Password window to see a list of vaults, then select one). In that vault, do you have items in other categories? (Make sure you click on other categories in the sidebar to confirm they have items.)

Please let us know what you find, thanks! :)

• bsnyder
    bsnyder
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG,

Thanks for responding. I did not realize that the vault selected in 1Password mini could be changed by clicking the icon next to the Search field. Additionally, I discovered that when I added new items to various categories they all showed up, except for one credit card that would not display in 1Password mini no matter what I did to it. So I deleted it and recreated it and it shows up in 1Password mini now.

Thanks for your assistance!

Bruce

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it's all working correctly for you. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.