Bug importing passwords from CSV

alackmann
alackmann
Community Member

I am migrating a number of staff members over from another password manager to 1Password. Doing so requires a CSV export of their existing password manager data and importing into 1Password.

This generally proceeds fine, but I did have one staff member when selecting the prepared CSV file, nothing would happen! Normally after selecting the file, either the passwords would quickly import OR it would show an error (usually because something was wrong with the file format).

In this staffers case, it did NOTHING. After reviewing her password file and trying a few things, I found a password which had some strange characters in it (presumably extended ascii). Once I removed this one password, the file imported without an issue.

So others don't have the same issue, maybe you can look into fixing? Hope that helps.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alackmann,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the import problem you found! I'm happy to hear you were able to figure out what was causing that.

Would you be able to let us know which characters were causing the problem? If so, we can try to reproduce the problem on our end. Also, out of curiosity, was that staff member able to manually type that password into an item in 1Password after importing the rest of the data? Or do those symbols seem to be causing an issue during general use?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.