I can't get into 1password on my Mac, though I can on my phone and iPad. How can I resolve it?

Bishop
Bishop
Community Member

It looks like I may have two separate vaults (different hints for the master). Can't get into the one on my Mac, even using the hint. Prime one is on my iPad. Synced it to the iCloud, then loaded 1Password onto phone for the first time and synced to iCloud. It picked up my iPad one. Don't want to sync the Mac in case it overwrites the iPad & Phone which work. I want to use the iPad & Phone Master. How should I proceed?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.1..6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I can't get into 1password on my Mac, though i can on my phone and iPad. How can I resolve it?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bishop,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble unlocking 1Password on your Mac! I'm sure we can help to get this all straightened out.

Do you have all your latest 1Password data on your iPad and iPhone (and in iCloud)? If so, you can reset the 1Password app on your Mac and then set it up again by syncing your data from iCloud. If you'd like to do that, open 1Password on your Mac and choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data from the menubar. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the data in 1Password on your Mac.

After you do that, the next time you launch 1Password on your Mac will be like running it for the first time. You should be able to choose to sync your data from iCloud, and when asked to enter your master password, it should be the same one you use on your iOS devices.

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.