Window remain open after opening Secure Note from Mini Menu Bar

WhaleSong
WhaleSong
Community Member

Hello,

I am running a MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2009) on El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1004) - 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

When I open a secure note from the menu bar, using the mini application, the window/dialogue will not close and remains on top of all other windows, frozen in place. I cannot edit or interact with the window in any way.

I have attached a screen shot to give you an idea of what I see.

This appears to be the same problem as the one listed on these forums by agileReneBits in November 2015, but that discussion was unresolved and is now closed?

Any assistance appreciated.

Bill

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WhaleSong,

I'm sorry the mini window is getting stuck open on your Mac! Thank you very much for the screenshot, it helps to be able to see exactly what you mean. Indeed, it sounds like the same issue that was reported in this older discussion. Unfortunately we didn't hear back about that, and eventually the thread closed itself after an extended period with no activity.

We've heard about this from a few different customers and our developers have an open ticket for it, but we've had trouble reproducing the same problem on our own Macs, which makes it difficult to figure out why it happens or how to solve it. If you don't mind, can you please let us know some more details about the problem:

• Are you using the AgileBits Store or Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Do you use 1Password on any other Macs? If so, does the same problem happen on the other Mac(s)?
    • Does this happen with one specific Secure Note or with any of your Secure Notes?
    • Does this ever happen with other types of items or only Secure Notes?
    • Does this happen every time you view a Secure Note in 1Password mini? If not, how often does it seem to happen?
    • Are there any other steps you take which seem to trigger this? Or does it happen from simply viewing a Secure Note?
    • How long has this been happening on your Mac?
    • What do you need to do in order to make that window close/go away?

Thanks in advance! :)

ref: OPM-4316

• WhaleSong
    WhaleSong
    Community Member

Hello Drew_AG,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will do my best to answer your questions as best I can.

• Are you using the AgileBits Store or Mac App Store version of 1Password?

Ans: I am using the Mac App Store version. Version 6.3.2 (632000)

• Do you use 1Password on any other Macs? If so, does the same problem happen on the other Mac(s)?

Ans: No, I only use it on one mac. I also have 1Password installed on my iPhone 5.

• Does this happen with one specific Secure Note or with any of your Secure Notes?

Ans: I am not 100% sure. The previous TWO times this has occurred this week, it has been with the SAME note, but I believe it has has with other notes as well.

• Does this ever happen with other types of items or only Secure Notes?

Ans: I believe only the SECURE NOTES

• Does this happen every time you view a Secure Note in 1Password mini? If not, how often does it seem to happen?

Ans: No, it is intermittent although I suspect it may be related to times when I have a number of applications running, multiple tabs open in safari and RAM is running low? I cannot be sure, but this is a sense I have. I tried to replicate the problem just now but the NOTES opened and closed as expected.

• Are there any other steps you take which seem to trigger this? Or does it happen from simply viewing a Secure Note?

Ans: Simply from viewing a secure note.

• How long has this been happening on your Mac?

Ans: I believe I noticed this mid-to-late last year. It was only a few times. I have noticed it a bit more in the last few months and it occurred TWICE this week in a day, which prompted me to write the support note.

• What do you need to do in order to make that window close/go away?

Ans: I do a full shut-down/restart.

I hope this assists.

Regards

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @WhaleSong, I appreciate all the information!

What I'd like you to do first is install the update for 1Password version 6.3.3 from the Mac App Store (we just released it a day or two ago). You should be able to install it from the Updates tab of the Mac App Store (just make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to purchase it).

Then, the next time this problem happens (and before you shut down / restart your Mac), please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Hopefully the report will help us figure out why this happens. Thanks! :)

• WhaleSong
    WhaleSong
    Community Member

Hello Drew_AG,

I have installed 6.3.3

I will do as requested, the next time I experience the issue.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WhaleSong

We hope to hear back from you soon when this happens so we can get to he bottom of this :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.