My 1Password cannot sync to iCloud anymore after I change my iCloud account

zaihai
zaihai
Community Member

When I check the sync status from 1Password, it still shows the last sync time, but it does not appear working for the following reasons
1. My 1password on iPad could not see the new content updated from my MacBook Air
2. the applications that store data document to iCloud does not have "1Password" on the list

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zaihai

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble syncing 1Password with iCloud. It sounds like 1Password is still trying to sync with the old iCloud account. First of all, can you please check if have you changed your iCloud account on both devices? If you do, then go to 1Password Preferences > Sync and then pick up "none", close the app and then go again to Sync, and set up iCloud again so 1Password can pick up the new iCloud Account. You should do the same on your other device.

When you've tried this, can you please let us know if it all worked well for you? :chuffed:

• zaihai
    zaihai
    Community Member

Hi,

I followed you instruction, it seems like it helped a bit, now when I select the 'iCloud' sync, it at least prompts the "Sign in to 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet", but it stuck there forever, it could not finish the sign in step

• zaihai
    zaihai
    Community Member

BTW, my iPhone and iPad worked properly with my iCloud settings, and they sync properly among them. It is just MacBook Air could not sync to iCloud

• zaihai
    zaihai
    Community Member

More info. I logged into my iCloud account, the iCloud Drive is empty, Should I see something related to 1Password given at least my iPhone and iPad are using this new iCloud for syncing?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zaihai,

Sounds like there's been some progress! Hopefully we're close to getting it all working correctly again. :)

I followed you instruction, it seems like it helped a bit, now when I select the 'iCloud' sync, it at least prompts the "Sign in to 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet", but it stuck there forever, it could not finish the sign in step

Sometimes that site continues to show the spinning symbol even though it worked correctly. If you sign in with your Apple ID username and password on that site, but the spinning symbol doesn't go away, please check the sync preferences in 1Password to see if iCloud seems to be enabled and working - if so, you should be able to close out of that window in your browser.

I logged into my iCloud account, the iCloud Drive is empty, Should I see something related to 1Password given at least my iPhone and iPad are using this new iCloud for syncing?

That's completely normal because 1Password doesn't store any files in iCloud Drive. Instead, when syncing with iCloud, 1Password uses Apple's CloudKit technology. Although iCloud Drive needs to be enabled in order for CloudKit to work, data that syncs via CloudKit isn't shown in your iCloud Drive.

Please let us know how it all goes on your Mac, thanks! :)

• zaihai
    zaihai
    Community Member

I tried again, It is working now. But I still don't know the reason.

I have another question, If I install the 1Password on a different Mac computer, Do I need to pay separate license?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zaihai

I'm glad to hear that it's working now, even if there's still a bit of mystery surrounding it all :chuffed:

If I install the 1Password on a different Mac computer, Do I need to pay separate license?

You can install 1Password in as many computers as you want to use. The license is issued per user, and not per computer so you're good to go installing 1Password with this one!

If you have any other questions or if there's anything else that we can help you with, we're here for you :chuffed:

• zaihai
    zaihai
    Community Member

Thanks.

One more question, If I buy a Android phone (Samsung), Does 1Password on Android phone can also sync with iCloud?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zaihai,

If I buy a Android phone (Samsung), Does 1Password on Android phone can also sync with iCloud?

No, unfortunately 1Password for Android does not support syncing with iCloud. You would need to use one of the other sync options that works with the Android version, such as a 1Password.com account, Dropbox or WLAN Server. We have more information about sync options here: Sync your 1Password data

If you have more questions, you know where to find us! ;)

This discussion has been closed.